I love recipes where you can throw everything in a pot, turn on the heat and let it cook. This Chicken Orzo Soup recipe didn’t dissapoint! It took 10 minutes to prep then the stovetop did the rest. The result was a hearty, delicious soup packed with veggies that everyone loved! Try it out for yourself – the perfect winter meal.
Chicken Orzo Soup
Serves 6 – Prep Time 10 mins – Cook Time 40 mins – Total Time 50 mins
- 2 medium carrots chopped finely
- 2 sticks of celery chopped finely
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp flour
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3-4 chicken bonless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the oil to a large soup pot and saute the carrots, celery, and onions over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes
- Stir in the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, then add flour and cook for another minute
- Pour in chicken broth and stir until the flour has dissolved, then add the Italian seasoning and chicken. Bring to a boil.
- Cover the pot (with the lid slightly ajar), and reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the orzo and cook for another 10 minutes or until the orzo is cooked through. I recommend keeping the lid off and stirring often so it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot
- Use a slotted spoon and take the chicken out of the pot, shred with two forks, then add back in. Add the lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Note: if you have leftovers you may want to add more chicken broth before re-heating it as the orzo soaks it up.
Chicken Orzo Soup Recipe – your new family favourite!
More From Fired Up Fitness:
Find more recipes on the blog by clicking here
Reach your health and fitness goals now! Get more information on the services we provide here