Taste is important! One reason we eat is because food is delicious. Unfortunately we have been conditioned to equate delicious food with unhealthy food.
In today’s episode of the Willpower Not Required podcast I talked about how we can improve the quality and taste of the food we eat so we can actually enjoy it, be satisfied and satiated and not need to eat as much. Watch the episode below or head to your favourite podcast player and subscribe to it.
We can reduce our overall calorie intake by adding more nutrient dense high fiber fruits and vegetables. Improving the taste of these healthy foods to make them more crave-worthy and less like something we tolerate means we are more likely to make them a main part of our daily menu.
One of my favourite healthy side dishes is Oven Roasted Vegetables. They are quick and delicious and so versatile. I make a huge batch then use them as a side dish that night and store the rest for the week. Just reheat in the frying pan and top with a fried egg and you have a quick breakfast or lunch. You can also use them to top pizza, in pasta sauce, soups or omlettes. The possibilities are actually endless.
You can use any veggies you like so throw in whatever you have on hand. Here is the recipe:
Easy Oven Roasted Vegetables
prep time 10 mins – total time 35 mins – serves 8
- A selection of vegetables including broccoli, cauliflower, bell peppers, red onion, brussel sprouts, carrots etc.
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- Your favourite herbs & spices including rosemary, garlic, oregano etc.
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425F
- Line 1 or 2 large baking sheets with aluminum foil or parchment paper (optional)
- Chop your veggies into uniform pieces so they cook evenl
- Place vegetables on the baking sheets, drizzle with oil and season with herbs/spices then toss until well coated
- Spread the vegetables in a single layer. make sure they are not too crowded otherwise they will steam instead of roast.
- Roast for 20-25 mins or until they are tender and the edges are slightly charred – tossing halfway through.
- Enjoy! Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge and use throughout the week
Looking for more quick and healthy recipes? Find more on the blog here
Learn more about Fired Up Fitness and how we can help you achieve your health and fitness goals in the comfort and safety of your own home by clicking here
Make sure to subscribe and listen to my podcast Willpower Not Required for more tips and ideas you can add into your day to live your life to the fittest! Listen on all podcast platforms or watch on YouTube