Today’s episode of the Willpower Not Required Podcast is all about protein and how to figure out how much you need for optimal health…..and do you really need to pound the protein right after a workout?? Listen on all podcast players or watch on YouTube below.
Now why not try out this quick and delicious Spinach & Tomato Penne recipe (packed with 27g of protein) to pump up the protein in your day!
Spinach & Tomato Penne
Total Time – 25 mins Serves 4
- 8 oz of uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 medium beefsteak tomatoes, cored and chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4 cups baby spinach (loosely packed)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 c fresh basil, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook penne according to package directions and drain
- While the penne is cooking, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until tomatoes are very soft and broken down – about 10 minutes
- Add spinach, yeast & paprika. Cook, stirring, until spinach is wilted and mixture is hot.
- Add penne and basil. Reduce heat to low.
- In a small pot, heat 5 inches of water over medium-low heat. (You should be able to hold your finger in the water about 3 seconds, but no longer.) Add 1 tsp white vinegar (optional). Use a spoon to stir the water into a gentle whirlpool. Carefully slip egg into the whirlpool’s center. Poach 3 minutes, then use a slotted spoon to remove egg. Repeat with each individual egg
- Divide pasta and top with egg and Parmesan. Enjoy!
Looking for more quick and healthy recipes? Find more on the blog here
Learn more about Fired Up Fitness and how we can help you achieve your health and fitness goals in the comfort and safety of your own home by clicking here
Make sure to subscribe and listen to my podcast Willpower Not Required for more tips and ideas you can add into your day to live your life to the fittest! Listen on all podcast platforms or watch on YouTube