Better than takeout, this Cheeseburger Crunch Wrap was a hit in our family. It is quick and easy – especially once you get the hang of folding the tortillas (which, full disclosure can be a little tricky but not terrible).
I’ve adapted this from a Weight Watchers Recipe and use ground turkey instead of ground beef. What you put in the filling is up to you so feel free to follow the recipe or remove/substitute ingredients
Cheese Burger Crunch Wrap
Serves 4 – Prep Time 16 mins – Cook Time 24 mins
- 5 Large whole wheat tortillas (the bigger the better as the smaller ones will not fold properly
- Cooking spray
- 1lb extra lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 8 tsp yellow mustard
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese (regular or reduced fat is fine)
- 1 cup chopped and seeded fresh tomatoes
- 8 tsp finely chopped dill pickles
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place 1 tortilla on a cutting board and spray both sides with cooking spray
- Cut the tortilla into quarters and arrange them in a pan. Cook until toasted and crisp – about 1 min per side. Remove and set aside
- Cook the ground turkey in a skillet over medium-high heat with the onion, salt and pepper until it is no longer pink – about 5 mins
- Heat another skillet (or do what I did and put the cooked ground turkey in a bowl, set aside and wipe out the skillet to re-use) over medium heat. Place 1 tortilla on a cutting board and spray the top with cooking spray. Flip the tortilla over so the sprayed side is down. Spread 1 tsp of the mustard over the center of the tortilla. Spoon about 1/4 of the turkey, cheese, tomato, pickles, and lettuce onto the tortilla leaving about a 1 1/2 inch boarder.
- Place one of the toasted tortilla quarters on top then carefully fold the sides of the tortilla over the filling toward the centre, creating pleats to cove the toasted tortilla quarter. Press gently to fold the pleats
- Carefully flip the wrap over and place on the heated skillet. Cook until toasted and crisp, pressing occasionally with a spatula, about 2 mins per side.
- Repeat with the remaining tortilla wraps.