The idea of making homemade bread was always a little intimidating to me..that is until I tried this recipe. It’s actually very easy! The best part is that it’s delicious, with no additives and you can play around with the types of flour you use. The recipe below uses a combination of all purpose flour and rice flour. In the past I’ve also used spelt and whole wheat flour and added ground flax seed, so feel free to play around and find a combo that you love.
Easy Homemade No-Knead Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose or bread flour, plus more for dusting (In the picture above, I used 2 cups of all-purpose flour and 1 cup of Rice Flour). You can also add ground flax seed or nuts etc. for variety
- ¼ teaspoon instant yeast (sometimes I use about 1/3 teaspoon regular active dry yeast)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl stir together the flour, yeast and salt.
- Add 1 ½ cups plus 2 tablespoons water, and stir until blended; dough will be shaggy and sticky.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap or a plate and let it rest on the counter top for 18-24 hours at room temperature.
- The dough is ready when its surface is dotted with bubbles.
- Flour a work surface and place dough on it; sprinkle it with a little more flour and fold it over on itself once or twice, then roughly shape into a ball.
- While the bread is resting, preheat the oven to 450°. Put a 6-8 quart heavy covered pot (cast iron, enamel, Pyrex or ceramic) in the oven as it heats.
- When the oven is ready, slide your hand under the ball of dough and flip the dough over into the pot; it may look like a mess, but that’s OK.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes, then remove the lid and bake another 10-15 minutes, until it’s nice and golden.
Find more easy and delicious recipes here.
Learn more about Fired Up Fitness and how we can help you reach your health and fitness goals by clicking here