Make it once and eat all week!
I love pasta salads! They are easy to make and you can pretty much throw in whatever you have on hand for a filling and healthy lunch or dinner. This Italian Pasta Salad recipe uses pepperoni, however if you prefer a non-processed protein option, switch it out for chicken or leave the meat out altogether for a vegetarian option.
Total Time 25 mins – Serves 6
- 454g (about 2 cups) uncooked tricolour rotini pasta
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cubed mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Optional add-ins – cherry tomatoes (halved), sliced olives
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- optional 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water until pasta is room temp and place in a large bowl
- Add pepperoni, onion, peppers, cheese and any other add-ins to the bowl and set aside
- In a separate bowl or mason jar, add ingredients for the dressing and stir or shake to combine
- Pour the vinaigrette over the pasta salad, then toss to coat. You can serve immediately but the longer you are able to refrigerate before serving the better. The pasta will soak up the flavours as it sits.
I hope you and your family enjoys this quick and easy Italian Pasta Salad Recipe!
Looking for more quick and healthy recipes? Find more on the blog here
Learn more about Fired Up Fitness and how we can help you achieve your health and fitness goals in the comfort and safety of your own home by clicking here